3/8/11 – Sabres fall to the Pittsburgh Penguins, 3-1.
3/10/11 – Sabres defeated the Boston Bruins, 4-3, in overtime.
3/12/11 – Sabres fall to the Toronto Maple Leafs, 4-3
3/13/11 – Sabres defeated the Ottawa Senators, 6-4.
– The Buffalo Sabres earned four out of eight points this week. The Sabres finish the week with 76 points which currently puts them in seventh place in the Eastern Conference.
– Defenseman Mike Weber: 1 goal, 3 assists (four points), plus two rating in three games.
– Forward Tim Connolly: 1 goal, 3 assists (four points) in four games.
– Forward Brad Boyes: 2 goals, 1 assist (three points) in four games.
– Forward Thomas Vanek: 2 goals, 3 assists (five points), plus two rating in three games.
– Forward Tyler Ennis: 3 goals, 2 assists (five points) in four games.
– Defenseman Steve Montador: 1 assist, minus three rating in three games. Montador was also a healthy scratch for the Sabres game against the Senators.
– Defenseman Chris Butler: No points, zero rating, ten penalty minutes in three games. Butler missed the Sabres game against the Maple Leafs with an upper-body injury.
– Forward Cody McCormick: 1 assist, minus one rating, twelve penalty minutes in four games.
– Defenseman Jordan Leopold: 1 goal, minus four rating in four games.
– Forward Jochen Hecht suffered an upper-body injury on 3/13 against the Senators. This is believed to be the same injury that Hecht has been dealing with over the past few weeks. His status is unknown at the moment.
– Forward Patrick Kaleta suffered a bone bruise to his knee on 3/6 against the Minnesota Wild. Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff said that Kaleta will miss “a few weeks.”
What’s on Tap
3/15/11 – Sabres versus Carolina Hurricanes (31-28-10, 72 points).
3/19/11 – Sabres versus Atlanta Thrashers (29-28-12, 70 points).
3/20/11 – Sabres versus Nashville Predators (35-24-10, 80 points).