With another week of Buffalo Sabres hockey in the book, it is time for the Buffalo Sabres week in review!
– 3/15/11 – Sabres fall to the Carolina Hurricanes, 1-0.
– 3/19/11 – Sabres defeated the Atlanta Thrashers, 8-2.
– 3/20/11 – Sabres fall to the Nashville Predators, 4-3, in overtime.
– The Buffalo Sabres earned three out of six points this week.
– Forward Mark Mancari: 1 goal, 3 assists (four points) in three games.
– Forward Tim Connolly: 2 goals, 1 assist (three points) in three games.
– Defenseman Tyler Myers: No goals, 4 assists (four points) in three games.
– Defenseman Steve Montador: No points, minus four rating in two games. Montador was a scratch against the Nashville Predators. It is suspected that he suffered a lower-body injury against the Thrashers. Montador also closed his finger in the bench door during that game.
– Defenseman Jordan Leopold: No points, minus two rating in three games.
– Goaltender Ryan Miller: 1-1-1 record.
– Defenseman Steve Montador suffered a lower-body injury on 3/19 against the Thrashers. His status is unknown.
– Goaltender Patrick Lalime suffered a knee injury during practice. He is expected to “miss some time.”
– Forward Jochen Hecht suffered an upper-body injury on 3/13 against the Senators. His status is unknown.
– Forward Patrick Kaleta suffered a bone bruise to his knee on 3/6 against the Minnesota Wild. Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff said that Kaleta will miss “a few weeks.”
What’s on Tap:
– 3/22/11 – Sabres at Montreal Canadiens (40-26-7, 87 points).
– 3/25/11 – Sabres versus Florida Panthers (29-33-10, 68 points).
– 3/26/11 – Sabres versus New Jersey Devils (34-34-4, 72 points).
Make sure you keep it locked on Sabres Hockey Central for the latest Sabres news! Also, be sure to “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!