With another successful week of Buffalo Sabres hockey in the book, it is time for the Buffalo Sabres: Week in Review!
– 3/22/11 – Sabres defeated the Montreal Canadiens, 2-0.
– 3/25/11 – Sabres defeated the Florida Panthers, 4-2.
– 3/26/11 – Sabres defeated the New Jersey Devils, 2-0.
– The Buffalo Sabres earned six out of six points this week.
– Goaltender Ryan Miller: 3-0-0 record this week. Recorded two shutouts, tied career-high with his 5thshutout in a single season. Allowed two goals on 93 shots.
– Forward Drew Stafford: 2 goals, one assist (3 points), plus two rating in three games.
– Forward Nathan Gerbe: 3 goals (3 points) in three games.
– Forward Jason Pominville: 1 goal, 2 assists (3 points) in three games.
– Defenseman Andrej Sekera: 2 assists (2 points), along with a plus four in three games.
– Defenseman Tyler Myers: 0 points but a plus five in three games.
– Forward Mark Mancari: 0 points, minus one rating and four penalty minutes in two games. Mancari was a healthy scratch for Saturday’s game against the Devils.
– Forward Cody McCormick: 0 points, zero rating and two penalty minutes in three games.
– Defenseman Jordan Leopold suffered a hand injury, rumored to be a broken hand, after crashing into the post during Friday’s win against the Florida Panthers. He is expected to miss the rest of the regular season and may miss the playoffs as well.
– Goaltender Patrick Lalime suffered a knee injury during practice. He is expected to “miss some time.”
– Forward Patrick Kaleta suffered a bone bruise to his knee on 3/6 against the Minnesota Wild. Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff said that Kaleta will miss “a few weeks.”
– Forward Derek Roy is targeting a return “in the second-round of the playoffs” from his torn quadriceps tendon.
What’s on Tap
– 3/29/11 – Sabres at Toronto Maple Leafs (34-32-10, 78 points).
– 3/30/11 – Sabres vs. New York Rangers (41-30-5, 87 points).
– 4/2/11 – Sabres at Washington Capitals (44-22-10, 98 points).
– 4/3/11 – Sabres at Carolina Hurricanes (35-30-10, 78 points).