1. If you already have a beard, DO NOT shave it off. Continue to grow whatever is already there. You stop shaving and cutting your hair once the Sabres clinched their spot in the playoffs.
2. If you are clean shaven, fight off temptation to shave your face. The playoff beard is a way for fans to rally around the Sabres’ playoff run.
3. If the beard is growing, so is the hair. DO NOT shave or cut your hair!
4. If you can’t grow a beard, try. Something is better than nothing.
5. Once you commit to a beard, you cannot go back on your commitment. This means that you cannot touch the beard at all, whether it be shaving it or trimming it, until the end of the Sabres playoff run.